Monday, February 4, 2013

My Vegan Lifestyle

About a year ago I decided to eat clean and healthy. I started this Vegan diet because I wanted my body to be healthy and feel good about it. Not only did I feel better because of the diet but I also became more fit, lost weight, and had more energy!

Here are a couple of rules that I keep while on this lifestyle. While eating clean, I also try to lean out, and not build bone. By that I start my first rules. I eat completely clean for at least five days of each week.

No Dairy
No Meat

This means no cheese or milk. This especially means no yogurt! You also don't want any type of meat. The dairy and meat make you build up, and you don't want this because you're leaning out.

No bread

You don't want to eat a lot of bread because the more carbs you eat the more fat builds up.

I allow myself two cheat days, because I don't wanna go crazy and pig out. Also, don't deprive yourself, if you want something go for it. It will keep you from giving up and pigging out.

On my cheat days I usually still stick to the same guidelines, only I allow cheese, bread, or meat. Through the day I only drink water.

If you wanna try this diet/lifestyle I suggest checking with your doctor first. This is what works for me and what I stick to, but it may not work for everyone, so you can adjust it to yourself. Remember that this is also going raw vegetarian, so the first couple of days will be rough. I felt really tired, but at least five days after, I got that new, healthy energy.

What I eat usually consists of:
Lots of water
Fruit
Vegetables
Beans
Peanut butter
Oats
Honey
Soup
Eggs
Veggie burgers
Vegan meat

What I eat on a typical day:
Breakfast-
I usually pick from one of these.
Oatmeal
Fruit
Honey w/ Peanut Butter
Raw fruit smoothie

Lunch-
I usually pick from one of these.
Honey w/ Peanut Butter
Raw fruit smoothie
Steamed Vegetables
Soup
Veggie burger w/ tomato slices

Dinner-
I usually pick from one of these.
Beans
Soup
Steamed vegetables
Vegan meat
Veggie burger w/ vegetables
Raw fruit smoothie

I try not to eat to many veggie burgers. Firstly because they don't taste that good, secondly because I don't think it's as healthy as the other options.

A few foods that I like to eat are:
Eden organic garbanzo beans
1/2 cup 130 cal
Bush's baked beans maple cured bacon
1/2 cup 140 cal
Organic and raw honey
Target grade A honey
Morning star veggie burgers
1 burger 110 cal

Something to remember:
Beans- are a great source of protein
Vegetables- supplies some vitamins
Fruit- have natural sugar
Honey- natural sweetener that can replace sugar
Drink lots of water
Drink lots of tea (any kind, I prefer green tea because it boosts the metabolism)
For calcium drink coconut milk, rice milk, or almond milk.

Take your Vitamins!
Because I'm eating raw, I won't get all the vitamins and nutrients needed for my body.

This is what works for me and is great for healthy eating, losing weight, and feeling good about your body's health!

-Nicole









No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Hey there! Welcome to Open Eyes USA! This is my personal blog, where I tell you what I think about certain subjects or ideas. I love fashion, having a healthy lifestyle, and life!