Sunday, February 3, 2013

My Experiences with Dyeing Hair



Today I thought I would share my experiences dyeing my hair. Recently I dyed my hair another color.

First, I dyed my hair with highlights when I was younger, but it didn't go so well. The highlights were uneven and in places were they should not have been. Then, I dyed my whole head a lighter brown, which went alright. After my hair color faded and grew out, I dyed the bottom layer, light ash blond. That was when it actually turned out pretty good. I was so happy that, a few months later  I dyed my hair in the ombre technique, ash blond. I got the hang of things and it worked out fine.

Which brings us to now, I waited on having my hair colored again a while to let it become healthier. I decided to dye it again, but this time it was to make it appear healthy. I dyed my hair back to a medium brown, now its all one color!
Usually when people have hair that is one color or that's darker, it looks healthier. Sometimes I think it even looks healthier when you first dye hair. Now I'm not saying that it is healthy, it just looks as if it is. So if your a person who is concerned about the health of your hair my technique might not be the best, but it works for me.

Pinned ImageWhen dyeing hair, follow the directions on the box. I recommend wearing a trash bag or clothes you don't care about while dyeing your hair. Prior to dyeing hair I think you should wash your hair with shampoo only then 4-5 hours later start dyeing you hair. This will allow the dye to absorb, and the color to blend better. Then when your conditioning, after you dye your hair, add a little of you own conditioner, and leave in for 5 minutes. This is where you will get a deep conditioning, so that your hair will feel soft.

Once your done dyeing your hair you want to either air dry your hair or blow dry it. Then put on some leave in conditioner.

I hope this gave you an idea of what to do when at-home dyeing your hair.

- Nicole

Open-eyed Tip: When applying the dye to roots make sure NOT to massage into scalp, it will make it much lighter than the rest of your hair and un-natural. It says not to massage or rub it into scalp on most directions, but most people overlook that detail. Instead just dab onto roots, trust me, it will absorb the color. It can make all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Hey there! Welcome to Open Eyes USA! This is my personal blog, where I tell you what I think about certain subjects or ideas. I love fashion, having a healthy lifestyle, and life!