Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Moisturizing

Moisturizing is probably one of the main things that I make sure to do. Moisturizing can prevent aging and wrinkles, it can take away scars, and make your skin feel soft! Here's how I keep my skin smooth throughout all of the seasons!

1. I put on lotion within five minutes of when I get out of the shower. The steam in the bathroom, and the water on your skin help absorb and lock in that moisture. My doctor recommended that I should put on lotion right away, to get really benefit from the moisturizer. I have had really bad scars from really randoms things so i needed to get rid of them! By doing this, it can help scars fade away.

2. I put the moisturizer everywhere! When I say everywhere, I mean EVERYWHERE ! That's from head to toe. I use a face moisturizer, then some under-eye cream on my face. Then I put lotion starting from my neck, down my back, all the way down to my toes. I try to put extra on my thighs and legs to keep them extra soft, and anywhere else that I need that super softness!

3. During winter, my skin becomes really dry, so I have to take extra care of it. When my face becomes dry because of washing and the weather; I look to mask to make and natural remedies to fix my skin. I use about three times a week a yogurt mask. This is just plain yogurt that I put all over my face and let it sit for about 1/2 an hour to 1 hour. Then i wash it off with cold water. This helps to give that extra moisture, and it also has some anti-aging benefits, but whitens the skin.

Also, if your skin is super dry, check your moisturizer, you may have some benzoyl peroxide or sacylic acid. Which is commonly found in acne reducing moisturizers.

4. Moisturize your hands and feet! Sometimes we forget this step. I try to make sure that I put some lotion on my cuticles and hands everyday. On my feet to keep them soft, after every shower. Thus helps with keeping my hands and feet from aging and helps them feel soft! Also, moisturize you lips with some balm everyday.

5. Drink lots of water! I try to drink water before and after meals and a lot throughout the day. This will keep your skin hydrated, but it also helps you cleanse your body. That's always a plus, right? So keep on drinking your water!

-Nicole

Open-eyed Tip: Try drinking some green smoothies, or raw smoothies! It will make you feel great and make your skin look better. They also taste great!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Hey there! Welcome to Open Eyes USA! This is my personal blog, where I tell you what I think about certain subjects or ideas. I love fashion, having a healthy lifestyle, and life!